Sacred Heart Arts and Science College is a branch of CSST Educational Institutions across the globe. It is Established in the Academic year 2017- 18 at Perani, Tindivanam (Tk)Villupuram (Dt), Tamil Nadu State, to educate and empower the rural women of the Society, Specially the first generation learners of the surrounding villages which is considered to be the backward region of Tamil Nadu.
It is the pioneering initiative of the CSST’s in Tamil Nadu Province in the field of higher Education. The government of Tamil Nadu through its G/o No 257 of the Department of Higher Education ( J1) dated 31-08-2017 granted approval for starting Sacred Heart Arts and Science College as a self-financing College.
The Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore granted Affiliaton to Sacred Heart Arts and Science College on 28-11-2017 with the University affiliation order – Letter No.TU/R/Affiliation/New /A&S College/2017-18/9977 -A. The College follows the rules and regulations of the Government of Tamil Nadu and the Thiruvalluvar University.
Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) is followed in all academic Programmes. Each Course will be evaluated through continuous Assessment tests by the College for 25 marks and through End -Semester Examinations by the University for 75 Marks.
Empowering our students to empower society or humanity especially the socially and economically marginalized, creating a “Civilisation of Love ”
1. To promote value-based education.
2. To contribute to the transformation of society by being socially conscious and socially responsible.
3. To enlighten our students specifically girls / women and the less privileged regarding their basic human rights .
4. To promote inter-cultural and inter-religious harmony and concern for the human welfare.
5. To facilitate leadership among the students enabling them to pro-actively involve themselves in social liberation.
6. To provide quality, integral and vocational training and create a climate for human and educational excellence.
7. To equip the staff and students with the latest Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and make them adapt at the digital world.
8. To work towards the gender sensitivity.
9. To work towards the integrity of creation and foster interconnectedness, kinship and eco justice.
10. To motivate the young students to contribute to nation-building especially through Research and Development.
The College aims at the integral formation of intellectually creative, emotionally mature, morally responsible, spiritually enlightened, socially commited and truly liberated young women who will be capable of assuming their rightful place in society and playing a vital role for its transformation.